Hours of Operation
- Staff are available from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday to assist supervised users.
To work outside these hours, users must receive sufficient training from BioImaging staff to become an unsupervised user.
- No-shows will be billed for full scheduled appointment time.
- Staff must be notified about an appointment cancellation at least one hour prior to the start of an appointment or you will be billed as a no-show.
- Appointments more than 15 minutes late will be considered a no-show, and that appointment will be forfeited to the first interested user.
- Appointments on the confocal microscopes between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm will be limited to no more than three hours per user per day. There will be no restrictions on equipment usage on weekdays after 5:00 pm and weekends. Exceptions may be granted on a case-by-case basis upon email request to Jeffrey Caplan.
User Samples and Supplies
- The BioImaging Center is not responsible for longterm storage of user’s samples or supplies. For temporary storage of samples, users may use the designated areas in the 4°C refrigerator, lab grade -20°C, and -80°C in Room 117Z. All samples must be labeled with your name, date, lab, and contact information. Any unlabeled samples will be discarded.
Billing for University of Delaware facility, staff & students:
- Users need to obtain a university billing code a.k.a. “Purpose Code” to schedule appointments. (Example: DBIO123456 – 1st four letters designate your department, followed by 6 numbers) This information can be obtained from your principal investigator or account administrator.
Billing for External & Industrial Clients
- Credit cards are the preferred payment for external and industrial users. If you are unable to pay by credit card, then a PO# is needed prior to scheduling appointments. Please contact Allie Sethman at (302)831-3431 for additional information.